Without our volunteer house league coaches we simply would not be able to run our house leagues. Thank you for volunteering. Thank you for making a difference in the lives of our young players.
Support and Resources
We want you to volunteer to coach a house league team and will make sure you get the training and support needed to make your experience an enjoyable one:
- Pre-season coaching courses with certified OSA instructors
- Pre-season on-field training with our very own Technical Coaches
- Age appropriate online training manuals and session breakdown
- Ongoing access to the Club’s Technical Staff
To volunteer to coach a house league team
- Check off the ‘I want to volunteer’ box when registering your child
- Create an online account and check off the ‘I want to Volunteer’ box
Coach Code of Conduct
- I will show respect for all players, all teams staff, all officials, and all spectators at all times.
- I will work in cooperation with referees for the benefit of the game.
- I will remember that players play to have fun and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
- I will ensure any questions I direct at officials will be constructive in nature.
- I will ensure that all players receive equal instruction and support.
- I will provide each player with equal playing time. This mean all players receive the same amount of ‘bench time’ each game.
- I will not penalize players for arriving late. It is not their fault.
- I will arrive early and be prepared for games and practices.
- I will teach my players to play fairly and to respect the rules, themselves, referees, opponents, and spectators.
- I will be selective in the amount of instruction I give players during the game.
- I will never take part in a practice, game or team event while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- I will obtain proper training and upgrade my coaching skills and knowledge of the game, according to the standards of the OSA and/or the Club.
- I will inform parents/guardians of any injuries their son/daughter may have suffered.
- I will dress appropriately at all practices/games, so that I present a professional image and can be easily identified.
- If I am coaching a team of ages U4 to U12, I will do so following a philosophy of development as determined by the club. For older age groups I agree to creatively blend winning with player development.