The Ontario Coaching Excellence Awards program celebrates the dedication and commitment of exemplary individuals who inspire, innovate and share knowledge of sport with others. The Awards recognize the importance of leadership, performance and the value of human insight which are all integral to great coaching.
A coach is recognized in one of six categories:
- Grass Roots – coaching youth or children under the age of 12.
- Good-to-Great – coaching athletes that achieved a high standard of performance
- Trailblazer – a coach who has made things better for their sport for years to come
- Everyone Matters – a coach who demonstrates the value of an inclusive approach
- Aboriginal Impact – a coach who has made a significant impact within the Aboriginal sport community
- Andy Higgins Lifetime Achievement – a coach who has made a significant contribution to coaching over 20+ years