The North Mississauga Soccer Club is looking for coaches for the outdoor house league season. Without our volunteer house league coaches we simply would not be able to run our house leagues. Thank you for volunteering. Thank you for making a difference in the lives of our young players.
Support and Resources
We want you to volunteer to coach a house league team and will make sure you get the training and support needed to make your experience an enjoyable one:
- Pre-season coaching courses with certified OSA instructors
- Pre-season on-field training with our very own Technical Coaches
- Age appropriate online training manuals and session breakdown
- Ongoing access to the Club’s Technical Staff
To volunteer to coach a house league team
- Check off the ‘I want to volunteer’ box when registering your child
- Create an online account and check off the ‘I want to Volunteer’ box
Coach Code of Conduct
- I will show respect for all players, all teams staff, all officials, and all spectators at all times.
- I will work in cooperation with referees for the benefit of the game.
- I will remember that players play to have fun and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
- I will ensure any questions I direct at officials will be constructive in nature.
- I will ensure that all players receive equal instruction and support.
- I will provide each player with equal playing time. This mean all players receive the same amount of ‘bench time’ each game.
- I will not penalize players for arriving late. It is not their fault.
- I will arrive early and be prepared for games and practices.
- I will teach my players to play fairly and to respect the rules, themselves, referees, opponents, and spectators.
- I will be selective in the amount of instruction I give players during the game.
- I will never take part in a practice, game or team event while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- I will obtain proper training and upgrade my coaching skills and knowledge of the game, according to the standards of the OSA and/or the Club.
- I will inform parents/guardians of any injuries their son/daughter may have suffered.
- I will dress appropriately at all practices/games, so that I present a professional image and can be easily identified.
- If I am coaching a team of ages U4 to U12, I will do so following a philosophy of development as determined by the club. For older age groups I agree to creatively blend winning with player development.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com