The bulk of the work of the HL Convenor is done during the pre-season (Feb-May), leading up to the first two weeks of the outdoor season. The house league season kicks off on Victoria Day.
On-line duties include
- Acquiring and assigning coaches/co-coaches to teams (possibly soliciting parents/volunteers for coaching on teams still in need)
- Assigning/fairly balancing players to teams (based on variables such as “play together” requests, rankings, medical info, age distribution, etc.)
- Ongoing checking of online system to place ‘late registrants onto teams
Ongoing duties include
- Act as the liaison between your gender/age group and club re: club communication, field visits, within the first week or two of the season to show face/presence
- In August, ensuring coaches submit/enter season-end player rankings (if applicable for age group).
Events needing your attendance and/or participation
- Pre-Season HL Convenors Meeting: Mid February
- HL Coach Meeting – Team Formation and Equipment/Uniform Pick up: First weekend in May
- Completing team packages in advance of the HL Coach Meeting: Late April
- HL Photo Weekend: Weekend after Father’s Day (June)
- HL Fun Day Weekend: End of August
- HL Convenor Wrap-Up Meeting: Mid October
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com